How to fix a slow laptop
If you’re wondering how to fix a slow laptop, stay right where you are. Upkeep and maintenance play a big role in keeping your laptop at its best, so if you’re not sure what to do check out our top tips.
How to fix a slow laptop - top maintenance tips:
- Keep your computer free from malware and viruses by installing reputable antivirus software. Malware can find its way onto your computer and run secretly in the background, eating up your CPU.
- Free up space by deleting unused programs. You can do this by clicking the ‘Start’ button and typing ‘add or remove programs’, and then clicking ‘Enter’. The ‘Apps & Features’ screen will launch. Then you can browse the list for any programs you no longer use. When you have found a program you’re happy to remove, simply click on it and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Upgrade your RAM so your computer can handle more processor-heavy tasks. Sometimes our goals change, and your computer needs to fit to your wants and needs. Increasing your RAM can help you run creative programs or video games, especially when combined with fast SSD hard drives, graphics cards and so on.
- Update all your software when necessary to fix bugs and potential security issues. This includes your operating system, your frequently used apps, your security software, and your browsers.
- Delete junk files, temporary files, and cache files to free up space on your hard drive.
It’s certainly handy to know how to fix a slow laptop, but all these tasks can be time-consuming. It’s often confusing - which is why we have created a product to help you manage your computer’s performance. CCleaner will help you achieve a faster computer by ensuring your software is always up to date. So you can be protected against security vulnerabilities. Our software also monitors junk files, fragmented files, unnecessary startup programs and more, to help you keep on top of various brewing nuisances that could eventually slow down your computer. For more information, visit our product page.