How to update CPU drivers
A CPU is the central processing unit, which is really the brain of your computer. It is a chip that is located in the motherboard. The CPU is an essential component that makes sure all of your applications and programs can work on your computer. The CPU doesn't actually have drivers in the traditional sense, but it's important to make sure all of your device drivers are up to date so all the different parts can communicate with each other and that's where your CPU helps.
To get the most out of your CPU you might need to update your chipset drivers. That's because your chipset driver is what your operating system uses to recognize your motherboard. Since these are so vital to the workings of your computer, it's very important to install the correct version otherwise the whole system can crash. For that reason, we would recommend using an automatic driver updater to cover this as you don't want to risk losing everything.
An automatic tool will recognize your system and make sure you have the correct drivers and versions running. All of your drivers are important and they all have a role to play so if any of them become outdated you could face problems. For that reason, we're going to look at how to update your drivers automatically, then we will look at how to manually update chipset drivers.
How to update all of your drivers at once
You'll find that many computer components need drivers: basically, all of your hardware and devices such as modems, printers, graphics cards, audio cards, and network cards. The list goes on and you need to make sure that the drivers linked to each of these are current.
By keeping your drivers up to date, you can experience the following benefits:
- Better sound and visuals - you could notice an improvement in visuals so that movies are clearer and more responsive, and music and sounds are crisper.
- Reduced crashes and bugs - it can stop annoying issues from happening with your devices and computer by helping to keep everything running smoothly.
- Improved PC hardware performance - This could save you a ton of time by improving speed and/or performance.
- Faster browsing - it can help fix connection issues or stop them from occurring so you can surf, stream, download, and upload with ease.
We have a driver updater that will scan for any outdated drivers on your PC and install the latest versions. Best of all, it does this for all of your drivers, not just your chipset. It can do all of the hard work for you with just a few clicks of a button on your end. Not only that, but it comes included in our CCleaner Professional package which is full of other great features that will clean and optimize your PC.
All you need to do is download CCleaner Professional and start using it to see what a difference it can make to your computer. You can try it for 14 days for free then decide whether you're going to sign up for a subscription. If not, you can carry on using the Free version.
How to update your chipset driver manually
Now, we're going to show you how to update your chipset driver on Windows 10 but remember, this comes with a word of warning. Updating your chipset means you're playing around with the motherboard which houses your CPU. If you download the incorrect version or the installation goes bad, your PC may be unusable and require professional assistance to repair.
How to update a chipset driver on Windows 10:
- Right-click on the "Start" menu and then choose "Device Manager" from the list of options
- Expand the "System Devices" category
- Right-click on the chipset driver you need to update and then click on "Update driver"
- Choose the option "Search automatically for updated driver software" and Windows will search for a newer version and if it finds one you should follow the instructions it gives you on screen
If it doesn't find one, you would need to head to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest version and install it on your computer.
As we mentioned earlier, it can be risky changing or updating the drivers on your own. It's really important that you find the correct version to match your operating system and specific device. Our driver updater tool has more than 8 million drivers on its database and can quickly scan for any outdated ones on your machine and install the latest version in seconds/minutes.
If you want to try it out today just download the full CCleaner Professional suite of features which will also optimize and clean your PC. Once this set of tools has finished all of its tasks you could notice an improvement in speed and efficiency, making your life less frustrating and giving you valuable time back.