Why you should clean your browsers regularly
Browsers collect and keep data as we visit websites and perform different actions. Your browser will store this in the form of cookies and browser history. If you think about how many sites you visit and what you get up to online, this could give away nearly everything about you! Most of us couldn't live without the convenience of online shopping, whether it's buying groceries, clothes, music, or finding that unique gift you can't find elsewhere.
The details you enter on different sites, including bank cards for payments, login credentials, etc., are conveniently stored by browsers (unless you tell them otherwise or decline) to make logging in or paying the next time a breeze. However, if these are compromised you are in trouble. Whether it's your card details or password, you want to keep these safe. We're sure you don't want to give some hacker a free shopping spree at your expense. The more information you have flying around online about you, the more chances there are that someone will get hold of it.
Don't worry, there are some simple ways to keep yourself safe online and your browser running as quickly as it can. We're going to show you how to clean your history in Chrome and also give you another option we think you're going to love. CCleaner Browser not only cleans your browser automatically for you but also blocks ads, stops online tracking, kills junk, and has added security features.
How to clean Chrome history
To clean Chrome history and cookies from the browser, follow these steps:
- Open your Chrome browser
- Click on the three vertically stacked dots in the top right
- Go to "More tools" and hover over it which will make a new box appear
- Click on "Clear browsing data"
You will now be presented with a dialogue box where you have options to choose from. Under the first tab, "Basic", there are three checkboxes you can tick to remove the corresponding history (browser history, cookies, and other site data, and cached images and files. You can select a time range from the last hour to all-time, then click on "Clear data".
Under the "Advanced" tab there are even more options you can choose from, including wiping autofill form data. Tick the boxes next to the items you want to be cleared, then click on "Clear data".
The one-click all-in-one solution!
We briefly mentioned CCleaner Browser before and want to give you a little more detail on it now. It's a free and easy-to-use browser which comes with a suite of tools that work to speed up, clean out, and secure your PC and your data while online.
Here are some of the great features it has:
- Anti-Tracking - stops third parties and websites from tracking your online activity
- Anti-Fingerprinting - hides your browser fingerprint including your timezone and language
- Adblock - stops ads from appearing which speeds up your browsing and protects you from malicious ads loaded with viruses
- Anti-Phishing - protects your computer from spyware, malware, and viruses by blocking malicious websites and downloads in the first place
- Password Managers - log in to websites faster so even though you clear your cookies you don't need to enter a password each time
- Stealth Mode - clears any web cache you pick up while browsing
As you can hopefully see now, even though it's called CCleaner Browser it is so much more than just a private browser. If you are one of the billions of people using Chrome, you'll be pleased to know that our browser looks and feels like Chrome because it runs on Chromium. The only difference is that you'll see our logo at the top right and if you click on it, this is your access to all the CCleaner Browser tools where you can adjust settings and tailor the tool to suit you.
Why not join our happy community of users today and see what all the fuss is about. It's free and you can download it with a click of the button and start browsing safer and faster now!