What’s the best ad blocker?
There are plenty of good reasons to use an ad blocker, from surfing the internet uninterrupted to watching your favorite stream or video without those annoying ads, to a cleaner and faster internet experience overall. These are all amazing benefits on their own but there’s also online security to consider.
Cybercriminals have found a new favorite tactic to lure people onto malicious websites or to download malware and viruses. Meet “malvertising”, which as you may have guessed is a combination of malware and advertising. Yes, these fake ads are lurking on the internet and can be very difficult to spot and avoid. Sometimes, you don’t even need to click on them for a malicious download to launch.
What to look out for when choosing an ad blocker
So, what is the best ad blocker? Finding the best ad blocker can be a tiresome and confusing task. There are a ton of good (and bad) ad blockers out there and finding the best one to suit your needs is not always straightforward. There are fake ad blockers too that you should be aware of. Millions of people were tricked into adding fake ad blocking browser extensions last year which were used to commit fraud so always make sure you use a trusted brand.
There are different types of ad blockers available, and not all are created equal. Some focus on simply filtering ads so they don’t appear on your browser, while others offer additional privacy and security features.
Best ad blocker in 2021
Depending on what browser you’re using, you’ll find numerous browser extensions that function as ad blockers. However, if you want an ad blocker that covers all the browsers you use at the same time and has an amazing list of additional features with a superior level of online privacy and security, you can’t get better than CCleaner Browser with built-in ad blocker.
CCleaner Browser is a bundle of tools that provides ad blocking alongside a heap of other great features that promote secure, fast, and private internet browsing. It’s also intuitive to use and easy to download. You won’t find any tech jargon in there or scary-looking code. Plus, you’ll get a dashboard where you can monitor just how secure you are online.
The Adblock feature will block all ads from display ads, pop-ups, to ads on your favorite streaming and video platforms such as YouTube, Crunchyroll, and Twitch. You’ll also have a great range of options, allowing you to filter the strength of Adblock, and control which ads (if any) you see.
Adblock allows you to standardize the tool for you by selecting one of the following settings:
- Essential - blocks all ads (including popups and auto-playing videos) that violate the Acceptable Ads Standard
- Balanced - same as Essential, additionally blocking non-intrusive ads that improve speed and safety of browsing sessions
- Strict - blocks all ads. No exceptions!
You can even whitelist a website to allow all ads on that particular one while maintaining your usual ad blocking settings for all other websites while browsing.
Here are some of the most popular extra security features you get on top of Adblock:
- Anti-Fingerprinting v2.2 - this allows your digital fingerprint to be disguised, and hides your browser information from websites, helping protect your privacy and limiting online tracking
- Anti-Tracking - protects privacy by preventing websites, advertisers, and other web services from tracking your online activity
- Anti-Phishing - this feature allows you to surf the internet, shop, and use internet banking without the stress of identity theft, malware attacks, and phishing scams
- Stealth Mode - prevents tracking and cookies from being stored and dumped, and also clears your cache during browser sessions
As well as all these great security features (plus more), it also improves the battery life of your PC and speeds up website load times. Better still, CCleaner Browser is free for you to download and use! Why not give it a try today?