We're pleased to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
In this release, we’ve made stability improvements and added better reporting to allow us to deliver faster bug fixes and software improvements.
- The Monitoring feature and reporting of anonymous usage data can now be controlled separately (previously both were controlled by the ‘Active Monitoring’ checkbox)
- Added a separate control for the reporting of anonymous usage data
- Added a link to a Data Factsheet, which explains the data reported from CCleaner, why it’s reported, and what it’s used for (in summary, CCleaner only reports anonymous, statistical data for the purposes of maintaining and improving the app, and it does not report any personal information)
- Renamed the ‘Monitoring’ feature to ‘Smart Cleaning’, to better describe its purpose (intelligent cleaning alerts) and underline the fact that it does not report usage data
- Reworded the ‘System Monitoring’ checkbox to ‘Tell me when there are junk files to clean’
- Reworded the ‘Browser Monitoring’ checkbox to ‘Enable automatic browser cleaning’
- Reworded the ‘Active Monitoring’ checkbox to ‘Enable Smart Cleaning’
- If Smart Cleaning is disabled, CCleaner’s background process will close and the feature will not run on startup (same behavior as in v5.44)
- Added ‘Minimize to System Tray’ option and restored previous minimize behavior
- Added ‘Exit’ option to the Tray Icon menu (closes the background process)
- Fixed various stability issues
You can download CCleaner Free here.
Fancy a few more features? Download the CCleaner Professional trial version here
If you are already a CCleaner Professional user your installation will update automatically.
Stay up to date!
Sign up to receive the latest news, product updates and offers by email.