Web browsers are taking significant steps forward to be the center of our activity when we use our computers. You may use Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera to send emails, write letters, do online banking, or any number of applications that used to be installed on your computer.
Some Web-based applications are going to be able to work offline – even when you're not connected to the Internet. That means you're going to be storing a lot more data on your computer. CCleaner is here to help you manage that data.
Web Storage Cleaning
Since all major browsers now support local storage for Web applications, we've updated CCleaner to give it the ability to clean all or portions of that local storage. The browsers themselves don't have very good facilities for deleting the local storage, so we highly recommend that you use this feature in CCleaner.
Click here to download
- Extended Cookie cleaning to include HTML5 Web Storage.
- Improved Index.dat cleaning by deleting ones not locked by the system.
- Improved "Install date" detection and accuracy for Uninstall Tool.
- Improved file lock detection when analyzing to avoid false reporting.
- Improved scrolling for list control to avoid repaint problems.
- Improved cleaning of Recycle Bin.
- Improved jumplist support to avoid possible UI lock.
- Updated eMule cleaning.
- Minor bug fixes.
While you're there, be sure to sign up for our spam-free newsletter so you can get all the information about our new products!