While you await the holiday season or the New Year, we've got a release of CCleaner chock full of new features, updates and fixes. Read on.
CCleaner now supports secure wiping of MFT free space for NTFS drives.
The Master File Table (MFT) contains an index of the files on an NTFS drive. As the computer overwrites and deletes files, the MFT can accumulate free space which may contain remnants of index pointers to deleted files. You can now set CCleaner to wipe the MFT free space, just as you have been able to set it to wipe free drive space.
To set CCleaner to wipe MFT free space:
1. In CCleaner, click the Options button.
2. On the Options pane, click Settings.
3. In Settings, make sure that Wipe MFT Free Space is selected.
The full change log is listed below:
- Added support to Wipe MFT Free Space.
- Added cleaning for Windows Explorer breadcrumb bar.
- Added cleaning for Opera beta versions.
- Added option to turn off CCleaner jumplist tasks on Windows 7.
- Added menu option to Registry Cleaner to add key to exclude list.
- Improved support for SeaMonkey 2.0.
- Improved Windows 7 Taskbar progress accuracy.
- Improved minimize to system tray functionality across all platforms.
- Improved Opera cleaning by including opcache and temporary_downloads folders.
- Improved performance of Compact database routines.
- Improved Wipe Free Space code to avoid locks.
- Improved security when deleting files.
- Minor GUI and interface improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
Click here to visit the CCleanerCloud.com site and to download
Season's greetings from everyone at Piriform!