At Piriform, we're continuing to evaluate Windows 7 in the wild, and incorporate more Windows 7-specific features into CCleaner and our other products.
CCleaner can now vacuum (or compact) SQLite databases for Firefox and Google Chrome, which can speed up those browsers. We've also added in cleaning for your computer's DNS cache.
We've made many other improvements which are listed below:
- Added support to clean Windows DNS cache.
- Added vacuum SQLite databases for Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Added publisher and version to Uninstall tool.
- Added Taskbar jump list tasks for Windows 7.
- Added Taskbar Progress for Windows 7.
- Improved Exclude list registry keys addition functionality in 64bit Windows 7.
- Improved Registry Cleaner detection algorithm and 64-bit file system redirection.
- Improved "Save to text file" functionality in Cleaner screen.
- Improved system tray icon activation and tooltip.
- Improved Registry screen "fix selected issues" dialog usability by removing prompt.
- Further improved RECURSE and REMOVESELF functionality.
- Improved Uninstall screen detection algorithm.
- Improved memory usage to avoid GDI leaks.
- Fixed issue with Sticky Notes being detected as Missing startup item.
- Fixed "Edit" and "Remove" button availability on Include/Exclude screen.
- Fixed various GUI bugs.