The new year brings a new release of CCleaner which adds performance and usability improvements. This includes a tray icon to show when CC is cleaning in the background, and status text that displays what it's currently cleaning. This only displays during slow processes (e.g. secure deletion of a large file).
Plus the usual speed tweaks and bug fixes!
- Added system tray icon when background cleaning.
- Added minimize to system tray option.
- Optimized file deletion routines.
- Improved Firefox file analysis speed.
- Added text status info for slow cleaning processes.
- Added program icons to the uninstall tool.
- Fixed bug with saving window location when maximized.
- Fixed bug with 64bit OS registry keys.
- Fixed cookie issue with foreign language usernames.
- Fixed bug with running CCleaner as a scheduled task.
- Added Netscape 9.0 support.
- Updated Antivir and Foxit Reader cleaning.
- Minor GUI tweaks and fixes.
- Other minor bug fixes.