Running Speccy in debug mode
If you need to view a detailed log of Speccy's activities for troubleshooting then you can run the software in debug mode.
To run Speccy in debug mode:
- From the Windows desktop, click Start and then click Run (or press Ctrl+R).
- In the Run dialog box, type <path to Speccy> /debug. Typically, this will be:
"C:\Program Files\Speccy\Speccy.exe" /debug
"C:\Program Files\Speccy\Speccy64.exe" /debug
if you’re using 64-bit version of the operating system
- Click OK. Speccy will start in debug mode.
- A Window will appear asking you which features of Speccy you would like to log.
Select them using the checkboxes and press “OK” to continue
- Speccy will start, the options that were not selected in the previous step will not be available (“This node is disabled” message will be displayed)
- Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the installation path (the same path you typed in Step 2). The log file will be in this folder in the format: Speccy_log[version][date].txt.