By default, Recuva uses the Master File Table to scan for deleted, corrupted, and overwritten files. If you run the Recuva Wizard and it doesn't find the files you're looking for, you can run it in Deep Scan mode.
Deep Scan mode goes through the entire hard drive to find files. This is a far more thorough method, but it also takes a lot longer - over an hour on a large drive.
To enable a Deep Scan, select the Enable Deep Scan check box and then click Start. After the deep scan completes, the Results window will appear.
- Graphics: BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- Microsoft Office 2007: DOCX, XLSX, PPTX
- Microsoft Office (pre-2007): DOC, XLS, PPT, VSD
- OpenOffice: ODT, ODP, ODS, ODG, ODF
- Audio: MP3, MP2, MP1, AIF, WMA, OGG, WAV, AAC, M4A
- Video: MOV, MPG, MP4, 3GP, FLV, WMV, AVI
- Archives: RAR, ZIP, CAB
- Other file types: PDF, RTF, VXD, URL