To recover your files:
1. Right-click a file and then click one of the following:
- Recover Highlighted - Recuva will recover only the file you've highlighted with the mouse - regardless of how many files you've marked with check boxes.
- Recover Checked - Recuva recovers all the files you've marked with check boxes.
- Secure Overwrite Highlighted - Recuva securely deletes only the file you've highlighted with the mouse.
- Secure Overwrite Checked - Recuva securely deletes all the files you've marked with check boxes.
2. Recuva will prompt you for a location to place the recovered files. We strongly recommend you select another drive. This will help with the recovery process and avoid problems where Recuva can end up overwriting the file it's trying to recover. Note: If you want to restore files in their original folder structure, select the Recovery options first.
3. Click OK. Recuva recovers the files and presents you with a dialog box when it has completed.
Note: If you are restoring deleted emails, see the following topic.