Defraggler options - Schedule tab
If you want to schedule a defrag at a later time, or if you wish to set Defrag to run regularly without you having to lift a finger, then Defraggler has a scheduler tool just for this.
To schedule Defraggler to run at specific times: <
- From the main window, select Settings, and then click Options....
- In the Options dialog box, click the Schedule tab.
- Select the drive you want to schedule Defraggler to defragment from the Drive drop-down box.
- Select Schedule defragmentation for chosen volume.
- In the Period area, choose how often you want Defraggler to run (once, daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Select the date and time when you want Defraggler to start.
- If you want to add a scheduled entry for another drive, repeat Steps 3 to 6, selecting the new drive from the Drive drop-down box.
- Defraggler requires the Windows Task Scheduler service to be running for scheduling to work.
- Defraggler runs as a scheduled Windows task. You can view the task in the Scheduled Tasks applet from the Control Panel.
- The scheduled run will not occur if the Defraggler window is already open - even if the Defraggler window is idle.
- Defraggler has two versions: Defraggler.exe, the program with a graphical interface, and df.exe, a 'silent' program that runs without any visible notification. df.exe is the version of Defraggler that runs as a scheduled task.