- Introducing CCleaner
- Cleaning Your PC
- Finding Duplicate Files
- Registry cleaning
- Uninstalling programs
- Removing System Restore points
- Managing auto-starting programs
- Checking for CCleaner updates
- Including files and folders for cleaning
- Excluding files, folders, and Registry entries
- Wiping free disk space
- Browser Cleaning
- CCleaner Rules
- CCleaner Settings
- CCleaner How Tos
- Advanced Usage
CCleaner is able to clean all popular browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox and Edge. As browsers are continuously updated, a new version of CCleaner is released every month to stay on top of any changes and make sure you always get the best clean.
As you use each browser and visit websites, data is collected which can be cleaned. By default, CCleaner will clean all available browsers and a recommended level of data within them. However, you can edit CCleaner’s settings to choose which browsers, and what data within them, should be cleaned. This might be useful if, for example, you prefer to use one browser for day-to-day browsing and another for accessing more sensitive information such as online banking. CCleaner can perform a default clean on your 'regular use' browser and clean all data from your 'secure' browser.
To edit CCleaner’s browser cleaning settings:
- In CCleaner, click on the Cleaner icon on the left. In this section you’ll see a ‘Windows’ panel which lists all the browsers available for cleaning. The list includes the name of each browser, and all the data within each browser, that can be cleaned (so for example, Chrome’s Internet Cache, History and Cookies).
- To choose which browser you’d like to clean, simply select (and deselect) the boxes in the list. For example, if you wish to exclude Edge from being cleaned, deselect every box under ‘Microsoft Edge’ (or click on the Edge icon to select/deselect everything at once). If you’d like to clean only Microsoft Edge's cookies, make sure only the 'Cookies' box under 'Edge' is selected.
- Click Analyze to see a list of the exact files which can be cleaned. To clean, click Run Cleaner.