- Introducing CCleaner
- Using CCleaner
- CCleaner Rules
- Choosing which cookies to keep
- Changing CCleaner settings
- Changing the language CCleaner uses
- Changing advanced settings
- Cleaning Flash cookies
- Changing monitoring settings (CCleaner Professional)
- Scheduling (CCleaner Professional)
- Changing monitoring settings (CCleaner Free)
- Smart Cleaning for your operating system (CCleaner Free)
- Smart Cleaning for web browsers (CCleaner Professional)
- CCleaner How Tos
- Advanced Usage
Smart Cleaning for your operating system (CCleaner Free)
To set up automatic cleaning for your computer:
- In CCleaner Professional, click Options, and then click Smart Cleaning.
- Select Enable Smart Cleaning.
- To specify what CCleaner will do when it detects that cleaning is required, select one of the following:
- Prompt me to clean – CCleaner will display a balloon notification in the system tray asking if you want to clean your PC.
- Automatically clean with notification – CCleaner will clean your PC, and then display a balloon notification in the system tray to show that it has done so.
- Automatically clean on closing without notification – CCleaner will clean your PC silently.
Note: When automatic Smart Cleaning is selected, CCleaner will use the settings in the Cleaner section to clean your PC.
You will see a red notification when CCleaner detects it can save more than 10% of the amount defined in the Smart Cleaning settings.
You will see a yellow notification when CCleaner detects that the space you can save is within 10% of your defined threshold.
You will see a green notification once cleaning has been completed.