Registry Cleaning Rules
You can specify which Registry items CCleaner cleans or leaves alone for a Group or an Endpoint using the check boxes on the Registry tab:
- ActiveX and Class Issues - Removes invalid entries for COM/ActiveX object that refer to a non-existing files.
- Application Paths - Removes entries for registered application paths that no longer exist.
- Applications - Removes invalid entries for non-existent programs.
- Fonts - Removes invalid entries for fonts that no longer exist in the Windows Fonts folder.
- Help Files - Removes entries referring to help files that no longer exist.
- Installer - Removes unnecessary uninstallers or the remnants of left over uninstallations.
- Missing Shared DLLs - Removes entries for libraries which are shared by multiple programs but no longer exist.
- MUI Cache - Removes invalid entries from a cache of recently run programs.
- Obsolete Software - Removes entries for applications that are no longer installed.
- Run At Startup - Removes entries for Startup applications that no longer exist.
- Start Menu Ordering - Removes entries for Start menu application that no longer exist.
- Type Libraries - Removes invalid entries for type libraries that refer to non-existing files.
- Unused File Extensions - Removes entries for file extensions that are no longer associated with applications.