What it can and can't do
CCleaner has many abilities, but it can't do everything. Here's a list of what it can and can't do.
- Protect your Web browsing privacy on a shared or public computer by deleting passwords and other temporary Internet files, so that nobody will be able to see which Web sites you've visited.
- Protect your privacy for many OS X applications by removing information about files and folders you've accessed using them.
- Remove traces of documents you've already deleted by securely wiping free disk space.
- Reduce memory load and speed up boot times by letting you disable unneeded background programs that automatically start with OS X.
- Uninstall software easily.
- Manage your cookies - tiny files on your Mac that Web sites use to track your visits.
What CCleaner can't do:
- CCleaner can't detect or remove spyware or malware.