What can you use it for?
From its name, you can guess that CCleaner for Mac is used to clean up your Macintosh computer. In fact, the first 'C' in CCleaner stands for the 'crap' that it can clean out. It has other uses too:
- Privacy: Delete passwords, Internet files, and configuration files from a shared Mac.
- Security: Clean out files from a Mac you're giving away or selling. You can also wipe free space so the remnants of any files you deleted previously will be erased forever.
- Speed: Speed up your computer by removing unneeded files. Speed up boot times by reducing the number of programs that start with OS X.
- Stability: Enable OS X to run more smoothly by repairing permissions.
- Space: Free up hard drive space by deleting unnecessary files.