Thank you for installing CCleaner!
v6.0.9727 (12 May 2022)
Helping you to keep your PC running fast and smooth
- Added a new Performance Optimizer feature
- Scans for apps that run in the background
- Allows you to sleep apps that aren’t needed, reducing system load
- Keeps apps asleep while not in use
- Wakes apps up safely when needed by you or another application
- Contains a guide and FAQ section
- We fixed some bugs found during our feature preview test phase
- You can read more about this feature in our blog post
Expanding our cleaning
- Added cleaning of Windows Software Distribution logs
- Added optional cleaning of Google programs backup files
- Added optional cleaning of Apple programs backup files
- Added optional cleaning of Steam backup files
- Improved cleaning of Safari internet history
- Improved cleaning of Chromium internet cache (JS files)
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
- We’ve added 50 new apps to our Software Updater!
- More to come this summer
- Request an app at ideas.ccleaner.com
Simplifying the app
- Added a helpful ‘Paste’ button into the License Key screen
- Improved Account Menu display for high-DPI screens
- Made some license registration errors more understandable
- To avoid mishaps, CCleaner will always be installed to a /CCleaner/ folder
Making the app inclusive (Accessibility)
- Our new Performance Optimizer feature has full support for NVDA screen reader
- The Account Manager menu now works better with NVDA screen reader
Keeping you safe
- As part of our continued commitment to security, we’ve made various minor security improvements based on testing (penetration testing, static code analysis).
- Updates like these are typical, preventative measures taken by all good software companies.