Thank you for installing CCleaner!
v6.02.9938 (20 Jul 2022)
CCleaner 6.02 brings new cleaning and usability improvements to our maintenance and optimization features. Performance Optimizer has had some updates to make it even easier to use. We’ve also made it more easy to track which driver updates are being skipped, and we've added more free cleaning for numerous popular Microsoft Store apps, including TikTok and Telegram. This cleaning is optional: you can control it in Custom Clean.
Expanding our cleaning
- We've added new cleaning for Microsoft Store installations of:
- TikTok, Telegram, Discord & Amazon Prime
- Adobe Acrobat, Dolby access, Microsoft Sticky Notes, Lively Wallpaper
- We've improved cleaning for Store installations of:
- Microsoft Todo, iTunes, annd Amazon Music
- We've stopped Health Check from cleaning Store installations of:
- Telegram, Acrobat Adobe Reader and Discord
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
- Skipped driver updates are now grouped in their own list
Helping you to keep your PC running fast and smooth
- We’ve made various improvements to Performance Optimizer
- It’s now clearer when an app is waiting for a Windows restart before it can be placed into Sleep Mode
- Increased size of the program list so you can see more programs at once
- Updated the mouse hover behavior on buttons and list rows to make your experience more intuitive
- Added a helpful explanation of what to expect when you put your first program into ‘sleep mode’
- Added confirmation text if the ‘Active/Sleeping Programs’ lists are empty
- Added confirmation text once you've put your programs into ‘sleep mode’ (or ignore)
Simplifying the app
- We fixed an issue in Health Check where ticks were not being displayed
- We're working on improvements to how you manage your cleaning schedule — watch this space!
- During uninstallation, CCleaner now only removes the files it creates from its install directory
- Fixed default cookies not being set in some installers
- Fixed a rare crash reported by one of our users
Keeping you safe
- Our commitment to keeping the app secure means we frequently close off potential security issues, even if minor.
- In this release we have focused on addressing issues found through static code analysis.
Note about CCleaner Portable
We have paused releases of CCleaner Portable while we resolve a compatibility issue. We aim to have this resolved in v6.03.